Thank you Kashish Kaur aka Krimson Ravyn for the review copy.
- The cover is enchanting.
- A very bold attempt at gothic horror that too in poetry.
- The themes chosen in the book are darkness, death , child molestation, psychological horrors among others.
- There are 45 poems in the book.
- Each poem has a dark lining with immense intense emotion.
“Bella, will you marry me?” I thought the words would be, But when you opened the box, I heard no word, and nothing I could see. The chaos surged out of the tiny thing and claimed me For every little red box isn’t the home for a wedding ring Some are cursed and your’s was Pandora’s box, Which engulfed my dreams, my hope along with me.
- Some of the poems which stand out among the others are Pandora’s Box, In the labyrinth of lost self, The masquerade of the mannequin and Of sand and stars.
- The book needs a re editing as the alignment of the poems since this is in kindle version is not proper.
I am a sob Trapped inside the cage made of bones That houses but one bird with broken wings.
- The blurb is really exciting and attractive.
- In a word it is modern poetry with very high usage of figures of speech.
- The narrative is beautiful. Each poem depicting the pain which follows through the flow of the story underneath the poem.
Carols are louder now, no more the previous, far away noises; as if the cathedral itself found my absence abysmal.
- The only short coming of the book is that it is clearly not for beginners. Due to it’s high usage of figures of speech which were sometimes repetitive it might not be a very good choice for people who are not into reading.
- Writing poetry is extremely difficult and so is reviewing it therefore I would surely suggest everyone this an hour read to give this book a genuine try as the themes and emotions are new and unique.
My lover pulled a sword across my heart I bled poetry. My death pulled a knife across his heart and he bled pretense. That’s how I died twice.
Blood and Beloved: A collection of dark poetry from Hell https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07NJSXKZ1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MCUzCbYH3V1M6